$22,500 Donated To Support 9 Winners’ Charity Of Choice
(ARLINGTON, TX) February 21, 2023 – Ancora developed its first Graduate of The Year program to honor outstanding former students across the country for their academic excellence and postgraduate achievements. The rigorous selection process consisted of nominations submitted by campus leaders, multiple letters of recommendation, civic and community service activities, and current status in the workforce.
In addition to earning the title, Ancora recognized the nine individual graduates by donating $2,500 to a charity of their choice in each of their names, bringing the total donations to $22,500.
“Our goal is to be an industry leader in upskilling and reskilling and as a result, prepare students for new career opportunities. These graduates showcased their abilities and represented our brands at a high level and are now focusing on their role as professionals in their communities,” said Daylan Childress, Vice President of Operations at Ancora. “They’re an inspiration to our staff and lead as examples for the next generation.”
The 2022 Graduates of the Year winners were chosen from: South Texas Vocational Technical Institute (STVT) Weslaco and San Antonio; Arizona Automotive Institute (AAI); McCann School of Business & Technology Allentown, Monroe, and Lewisburg; and Miller-Motte College (MMC) Chattanooga, Conway, and Wilmington.
9 Graduate Honorees Include:
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute – Weslaco
- Rose Amelia Medrano, Billing Manager at RGV VAX, LLC
- Charity: National Suicide Prevention
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute – San Antonio
- Johnny Trevino, Assistant Director of Engineering at Hyatt
- Charity: Santa Rosa Children’s Hospital
- Arizona Automotive Institute
- Angel Ramos, Welder at MMI Industrial & Steel
- Charity: Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- McCann School of Business & Technology Allentown
- Donald McLendon, IT System Analyst at First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union
- Charity: Allentown Rescue Mission and Third Street Alliance for Women and Children
- McCann School of Business & Technology Monroe
- Sammie Lumpkin, Sales Executive Mobility at AT&T Business
- Charity: Louisiana Center Against Poverty
- McCann School of Business & Technology Lewisburg
- Cecilia Bassler, Certified Surgical Technologist at UPMC Pinnacle
- Charity: The Magic Foundation
- Miller-Motte College Chattanooga
- Dana Marie Cothran, Dir. of Career Services at MMC Chattanooga
- Charity: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Miller-Motte College Conway
- John Cannon, Office/Branch Manager at Carolinas Staffing Solutions
- Charity: Ekklesia Christian Church
- Miller-Motte College Wilmington
- Asia Jones, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant & Preceptor at Novant Health Nunnelee Pediatric Multispecialty Care Clinic
- Charity: Pandas Fight Against Cancer
Ancora intends to build upon this initiative in 2023, and increase the number of eligible winners. Each of the campuses that fall under the Ancora umbrella will have the opportunity to submit graduates for consideration.
Ancora is a leading workforce solutions provider addressing America’s labor gaps through innovative and technology-driven educational programs. Ancora operates in three divisions: Ancora High School, Ancora Education, and Ancora Training. Ancora High School, accredited by Cognia™, provides adult learners the opportunity to complete a high school diploma in a highly flexible, self-paced, completely online format. Ancora Education offers technical education training programs specializing in healthcare, IT, business, and skilled trades through six private, post-secondary school brands with 22 campus locations across the nation. Schools include: Arizona Automotive Institute (AAI), Berks Technical Institute (BTI), Edge Tech Academy, McCann School of Business & Technology, Miller-Motte College (MMC) and South Texas Vocational Technical Institute (STVT). Ancora Training offers CDL and other customizable training solutions for corporate, community college, and government agency partners. Workforce solutions are provided by Ancora Training. Learn more at www.ancora.com.