Introduction to Workplace Health, Safety, and OSHA Program
Credentials: Certificate of Completion
Program Length: 50 Hours
Program Cost: 3,150
What You Can Learn
The Introduction to Workplace Health, Safety, and OSHA program consists of the following course details:
- Safety Technology with OSHA 10
- In this course, students will learn OSHA’s best practices for reducing accidents and injuries, including fall protection, emergency evacuation plans, and the use of personal protective equipment. Students will be introduced to major hazards encountered in the industry, which include flammable and combustible substances, chemical and electrical hazards, and fire prevention, as well as identifying solutions to recognize, control, and protect against them.
Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the following certification:
- OSHA Training Institute: OSHA 10-Hour General Industry
*Certifications are not guaranteed and require successful completion and passing scores on the applicable assessments.
The standard responsibilities of a Safety and Hazardous Waste Specialist include:
- Maintaining accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reports to onsite management teams.
- Supporting management efforts to ensure compliance with all safety expectations and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Conducting risk assessments related to tasks performed and equipment introductions.
- Recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
Additional Program Details
|Start Dates||End Dates||Virtual Class Day|
*To be considered for the program the following is required:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Have a genuine passion for the field of study
The Introduction to Workplace Health, Safety, and OSHA program is available for all eligible Amazon associates in select markets. Select a market below to begin the application process: